Below is what the text required by Corning Community College looks like. It is the 6th edition. Although CCC is using the 7th edition, we can be one edition behind. This means you may even be able to buy or borrow it from one of last year’s students. There were just 10 students last year. Or if you want to save some beans, you can click here to download a PDF-version now. Or if you must have your own hard copy, the image below has a clickable link to purchase the book on Amazon.
You can also access that same PDF-version on the “S-Drive” at school if you need to print all or part of the book.
NOTE: I do not provide copies of the book. To do so is illegal. The pdf file is for personal use and may not be mass copied. If you do not have a printer, use the library, one of our many labs, or the tech office. (They have a color printer.)
Here is the 2016-2017 ACE Statistics Syllabus. There have been some important scope and sequence additions and changes from CCC, so the course will be. We will be moving at a slightly faster pace than previous year’s classes as there are more topics to cover.
Text ISBN, Solutions Manual, and Calculator (and the rest)
Below is a list of other materials that you will need (along with the text specifics) if you would like to search for the text book elsewhere. Please have the textbook the first day of school, as there will be an assignment. Do not wait until school starts to start looking for these things, as we cannot afford to be dilatory in getting started. Again, new global objectives from CCC mean there is more ground to cover. Tuesday after Labor Day, we will begin assignments.
- Text: The Basic Practice of Statistics, 6th edition by Moore, Notz, and Fligner ISBN-13: 978-1-4641-0254-7 (in case you want to shop around)
- Manual: Student Solutions Manual by David S. Moore ISBN-13: 978-1-4292-8000-6 (helpful, but completely unnecessary)
- TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator, or
- TI-84 Plus C does everything the TI-84 does, except has a color screen and costs about $25 more.
- Note that the TI-83 is no longer recommended as it does not have all the STAT functions we need.